Monday, February 19, 2018

monday music || to resist the roaring lion

Hello, friends!  

I've thought about starting a new series like this for a while -- sharing different songs that I've discovered are really applicable to certain situations, or just if I find a random bunch that I think are cool and should be heard by, well, you. ;)

So for this first edition, I'd like to share some of the songs that have been really helpful to me recently.  As the title suggests, these are for when you need encouragement -- when Satan is prowling around and planting his seeds of doubt and fear (basically, his lies).  

For me personally, I know that many of Satan's attacks on me are related to my performance in my relationship with God -- what I'm doing or not doing that's right or wrong.  Whether I'm "getting it right".  So these songs are mostly related to those kinds of worries. 

Over the past year and a half, God has really been revealing a lot to me about a lot of key issues -- insecurities that are etched deep into my soul, my subconscious, coloring the way I perceive God and myself, and what our relationship is supposed to look like.  I'm still struggling with a lot of these things, but that's okay, because, as I was just telling a friend, I've got an amazing group of people around me, trying to help me readjust my view of myself and of God's heart for me.  (And btdubs, if y'all didn't know -- you're all a part of that group!  Your support and encouragement and friendship really does a lot for me, so thank you. <333)  And I know that God won't abandon me to confusion and despair, no matter how hard Satan tries to convince me that He just might if I'm somehow not doing something right.  My Defender is greater than my enemy.  And these songs help remind me of that.  I hope they do the same for you!

By the way, I got to go to a concert recently and see two of these artists perform.  And they both played the songs that meant the most to me, guys. :')  God loves to give us gifts -- He delights in us.  I think that's something we forget a lot -- I know I do.

Anyway, the songs. :) <3










Don't forget:

Our Defender is greater and stronger than our enemy. 


8 comments:

  1. Hello Olivia!

    First of all, I must admit that I have been a "lurker" for quite a few months on your blog. Not in a creepy way, of course, but I've never posted a comment on a blog in my entire life! I'm quite behind the times. :) This is the experiment. :)

    So, onto the good part. I totally understand what you're talking about. I struggle with similar issues myself. It's easy to feel good and believe all of God's promises when everything is going well, and you're doing what's right. But when you sin, it's so much harder to pick yourself back up and trust in His grace! And these songs are so beautiful. Especially "He Will Hold Me Fast." Yes!! :) I so love "our Defender is greater and stronger than our enemy."
    Yes!!!!! I love it. :) His grace is always sufficient. :)

    I must also admit that I am a lurker over at your other blog, so you may see me pop in over there. Especially on the Robin Hood posts. I credit you with most of my addiction. :) Marian! Guy! NOOOOOO!!!!! Ok, deep breath...calm myself. :)

    Anyway, I just had to comment on how much I enjoy your posts. :) We can pray for each other, yes? :)

    Vanessa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Vanessa!

      Thank you so, SOOO much for this comment! Totally made my day. :)

      Girl, I SO FEEL YOU about the whole "lurking" thing. I did that myself for quite a while before starting my first blog. (Aaaaand then I made my first blog private and then felt bummed that no one was commenting on said blog. Eventually I realized that that would be because no one KNEW about my blog. Heh. Hehe.) I'm so honored to be the first blogger to receive your first comment! :D

      Yes, it really is. And it's so important to realize the true depth of His love for us -- that's what I've realized recently, that I need to work on doing just that (with His help, of course, not on my own ;)). Yes! I'm so glad you liked the songs. :)

      Eeeeee! Yaysies! I'd love to talk to you over there, too. I always love finding fellow RH fans, and I can't tell you how pleased I am to have addicted you to that emotionally devastating TV show. *smiles sweetly* (Wait . . . are you sure you want to be friends with me?? Haha, just kidding. ;))

      Thank you, again, SO much. I really, really appreciate it -- truly. :) And YES, sister -- we can definitely pray for each other! We're in this together!!

      Thanks again for such a thoughtful comment. <3333 Hope you're having a lovely day!

      Delete
    2. Aw, Olivia! You are so sweet. :) I love your writing, by the way. I feel like I'm actually talking to you. :)

      Haha, I love being addicted to that emotional roller coaster! :) Why do I keep going back and breaking my heart over and over again?? I will keep all my comments about RH over to your other blog. Get ready, though, I will have a lot of sobs about my poor Guy. And Marian! And Robin!! Ugh, the feelings. :)


      I'll be praying for you. :) I hope you are having a great day too!!! :):)

      Vanessa :)

      Delete
    3. Awww, thank YOU, Vanessa! That makes me happy. :)

      Haha, that is the question, is it not?? #struggles Ooh, yay! I love lots of sobs about that show. *rubs hands together*

      Ditto! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay. I was kind of waiting for this post. :D (Sorry I'm so behind on posts!)

    I LOVE SONGS LIKE THESE. I often forget about them when I'm having a tough day and need it the most. But there's never a wrong time to hear the beautiful promises and truths again. "Live Like You're Loved", as you know, is a mutual favourite. :D I'd never heard Resting Place, but ohh, it's wonderful. I love it!
    Aww, Old Church Choir is so cute. :)
    And all the other songs are beautiful, too!!
    Thanks for the post, and the encouragement, Olivia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks, Gabby! (Pssh, nonsense, don't apologize to ME for being behind on things . . . Plus, you're one of my most faithful commenters! :))

      SAME, GIRL. On both counts (loving these songs but often forgetting about them/just not listening to them). Yesss, LLYL fan twinsies. ;D Isn't RP great?! I loved it, too!

      D'yes. :D

      Thank YOU! :D

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to comment on this post forEVER. Sorry it's taken me eons!

    I absolutely love the idea of this post, and I love your actual post even more!! <3

    1) Live Like You're Loved is soooo happy. <3

    2) Haven't heard of this one, but I really liked it!! (I kind of wish he made the shape of a heart over the entire map....but the I still really liked the video. It was fun. :D)

    3) Woooow. I love this hymn and this version is ridiculously beautiful. *saves to playlist*

    4) "The first will be last and the last get a crown"<< that part kind of gives me chills. <3

    5)I haven't heard this one either, but it's really lovely.

    6) Yuuusss "Chain Breaker". *claps*

    7) This one is so happy. :D I hadn't heard it before.

    8) Love it. <3

    Ahhhh thank you so much for this post, fwiend. *hugs* I'm so so so happy God is drawing you closer to Him and His unfailing love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this, Natalie!!

      I'm so glad you liked this post and found some new good songs. I know I'm indebted to you for several of the songs I like, so I'm glad to be able to return the favor. ;)

      Delete