Friday, September 8, 2017

// w a n d e r e r s //



                                                                                                 
- 05/29/15 -

Daydreamers are misnamed. 

We are not primarily dreamers.  We are wanderers.

Just before sleep, sitting on a swing, in the smell of rain, in snatches of midday reverie that we reach out and capture amidst ordinary occupations, we wander the landscapes of our hearts and the corridors of our minds. 

Clouds are not merely clouds to us.  They are a host of living entities -- lifting our eyes, taking our hands, raising our souls -- pointing far above and beyond themselves to our home, to the place where our wandering will end, safe with our Savior, our Father, our Friend, Who knows what we dream and why. 

And stories -- stories are not lead or ink to the dreamer-wanderer.  They, as one story-spinner put it, are life. And they are music.  And the music is silvery and immortal -- the ballad of the dreamer on his or her solitary but placid road.  

I may not look it, but my soul is a wanderer.  




17 comments:

  1. Oooooohhh THIS WAS SOOOOOO GORGEOUS OLIVIA!!! LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! Yes, I definitely have some daydreamer/wanderer in me... :) Really enjoyed reading this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS! Thank you SOOO much for your lovely comment, Miss Woodhouse!! It truly makes me so happy. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this was SO incredibly beautiful, Olivia! You have such a knack for spinning words together and coming up with something delicate and meaningful. Something I botch every time. ;)

    Well, I used to call myself a daydreamer, but perhaps I should start telling people that I am a wanderer now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, GABBY! *blushes* You're SO kind. :) But, pssshhhh, "something you botch every time"? *thinks back over Gabby's previous comments and poems and such* Umm . . .

      Heehee ;)

      Delete
  3. Olivia, this is so incredible and amazing and beautiful!!!!!! I am going to call myself a wanderer now. Your writing is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you SOOOOO much, MC! You guys are the best. <3

      Delete
  4. WHOA! I had to read this a few times over just because...I had to. Hahaha. I mean, Olivia, this was stellar!! Thank you for sharing this!!! It spoke to me so beautifully and now I want to just sit and enjoy being the wanderer that I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *big smiles* D'awwww, THANKS, CORDY! Oh, that means a lot to me, thank you. :)

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! I love this so much! This definitely describe small part of who I am. I feel that as a person, I am made of different parts, like a mosaic. Wanderer describes a small part of me. I'm not sure how much space in me it takes up, but it is definitely a small part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ekaterina! "I feel that as a person, I am made of different parts, like a mosaic." << AAAHH!! That is so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing it!! Same. :)

      Delete
  6. YAS I LOVE THIS

    -Lia
    catholicgirlstuff.blogpspot.com
    lilahsmusicals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OLIVIA. This nearly made me tear up. I love it and I love you and just ahhh. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW, SHUCKS, did it really?! You're so sweet, gahhh. :D LOVE YOU. <3 <3 <3

      Delete