Sunday, October 29, 2017

OAKOQ: Storyboard + Playlist

Hello, all!  I thought I'd share the storyboard and playlist that I have compiled for my Susan Pevensie WIP! :)

First, my storyboard.  I only recently got into storyboarding, but now I'm hooked.  I love it. :D  Check this one out if you want to!  The aesthetic is really pretty, if I do say so myself. :-P




And second, the playlist.  The link to the full playlist (well, technically, it's not finished yet, so some songs are missing) is here, but I want to explain my thoughts on some of them, why they're relevant in my mind, why I like them, why they make me cry inside, etc.  (Also, I sort of just went with one of the first video results for most of these songs, so I can't necessarily vouch for all of the music videos on the playlist.  There may also be mild swearing in some of the songs, though not in any of the ones in this post.)


I would have died, I would have loved you all my life
. . . 
Wake up, it's time, little girl, wake up
All the best of what we've done is yet to come
Wake up, it's time, little girl, wake up
Just remember who I am in the morning . . . 

*sniffles*  I first heard this song in this video (thanks, Natalie :-P), but I really like it as a theme song for this story.  BECAUSE GUYS SHE HAS LOST HER MEMORY AND IT'S ALL JUST VERY AFFECTING. *sniffles again*


FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.


One of the things I'm thinking of incorporating into this book is how Susan might have struggled with feelings of works-based approval/comparison in her spiritual walk, so some of the songs on the playlist are contemporary Christian songs that I think both I and Susan relate to on some level.


Because Tay-Tay is my jam sometimes, and because this song is relevant to basically any fandom ever, but especially the Pevensie kids.  (Plus the music video is nice. :-P)


It's been a long day without you, my friend, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

*more crying*  Again, this is one of those songs that applies to any fandom (ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS FEELS), and this one is doubly relevant, because she's been alone for so long. *cries*


Another song that speaks to some of the possible struggles I'm thinking of bringing up in this book.  (Plus, this is a really cool lyric video.)


Because I can hardly have the whole playlist be feelsy or tragic, can I? ;)  Even though this seems like a love song, I think it's definitely applicable to the relationship between the Pevensie siblings.


THIS IS SO APPLICABLE TO EVERYTHING, HONESTLY.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Well, I guess that's all I'll share for now.  Again, you can visit the playlist here, and I'll keep adding songs until it's finished. :)

Thanks for reading! *blows kiss*

10 comments:

  1. okay I am honestly sooooooooo excited for this. like I want to read it now. so excited to see where this is gonna go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwww, ABIGAIL!! *hugs you* Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  2. Love your storyboard! So beautiful! And the music is awesome. Have lots of fun writing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeekkk! It sounds like ooodles of fun to write and such depth to it! I'm SO excited!!!

    I've never done playlists or storyboards, but this is pretty cool. :) I wish I could listen to ALL the songs on the playlist, but I don't have that much time to do that right now. :/ So I just had to pick the ones on this post that I hadn't heard before. :D

    "Losing Your Memory" makes me want to cry. :'( *sniffles*

    "Long Live" was darling... I didn't realize there were so many Taylor Swift songs I have never heard of. :P Also the video is precious. <3 I always wanted to hang out with the Pevensie siblings. I'd like to go to the beach with them and do some archery practice and explore places and sit around bonfires talking and just chill out with them. Is it weird to somehow "miss" fictional characters? Sometimes I confuse myself...

    Aaand... I listened to Live like You're Loved again because that song is just my jam and every time I hear the lyrics I want to say AMEN. <3 :D (Btw, your video of it doesn't play... but speaking of it, I just found this video where the artist talks about why he wrote the song. It's SO good: https://www.vevo.com/watch/hawk-nelson/live-like-youre-loved-the-heart-of-the-song/USM2C1606183 I just wanna say AMEN PREACH IT BROTHER.)

    All the best wishes for your story, dear!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Gabby! I think it will be fun. :D

      You should do it! Especially storyboarding -- it's addictive!

      RIGHT I MEAN I CAN'T.

      Isn't it, though?! I love T-Swift. (Most of the time.) "I always wanted to hang out with the Pevensie siblings. I'd like to go to the beach with them and do some archery practice and explore places and sit around bonfires talking and just chill out with them. Is it weird to somehow "miss" fictional characters?" << GIRL YES. That. All of that.

      YES GIRL AMEN. Oh, thank you for the video! It really is such an important thing, I think, and God has been giving me all these "hints" about it . . . I think I'll have to do a blog post about that whole topic some time. :)

      Awwwwww, thanks, love! <3

      Delete
  4. YES!!!!! This post! I have been waiting for it!!!!!!!!

    But seriously, if I listened to these songs everytime I tried to write something I would turn to an emotional crying mess. How do you do it? Is the video with "Losing you Memory" the one with Allan? I would have clicked the link but then I would have had to watch it and then I would have started crying like crazy.

    THE CALL. <3

    Long Live is so good!

    For "Fight Song" I found myself knowing the words when I have only heard it a few times. How did that happen?

    Great post! Now go write that book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwww, really, MC?! Thanks!

      Okay but it is actually a bit of a struggle. I think I need to just plan to listen to them BEFORE writing -- it doesn't actually really work to try to listen to them while I write because I'm distracted by the gorgeous sadness of most of them. And yep, that video is the one with Allan. Haha, smart girl. ;-P

      YES. <3

      It is!!

      Right?! Like, I hadn't heard it that often, either . . . I guess it's just one of those songs that imprint themselves onto your memory.

      DAAAAAWWWWWWW, YOU. <3333 *tackles you*

      Delete
  5. EEEP.

    Okay so your Pinterest board is one of my favorite things ever and I've probably stolen too many pins from it. :P Love love love it. <3 (And yes! Isn't storyboarding the greatest?)

    I'm going to have fun trying out the songs in your playlist. :D But a few notes:
    1)You're welcome. :P (But YES. Ahhh. That soooonngg. *cries* Perfect choice, my dear.)

    2)I LOVE THAT ANGLE about Susan struggling with works based approval. EESSH THIS STORYYYY. <333

    3)*Sobs* "because she's been alone for so long." ARE YOU TRYING TO BREAK MY HEART?

    4) Love that song. "Live Like You're Loved."

    5)You've converted me into a fan of that "Fight Song". <3

    GO FORTH AND WRITE THIS STORY, OLIVIA. IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW NATALIE. <3 Heehee, thank you, that makes me happy. :D (YES, oh my goodness! I'm really addicted to storyboarding now.)

      1) *just cries*
      2) EEEEKKKK THANK YOU
      3) I KNOW I KNOW I'M SORRY
      4) It's so good <3
      5) Yay! Glad to hear it. :D

      Awwwwwwww, THANK YOU SO MUCH, FREN! Y'all's encouragement and enthusiasm mean so much to me. :) <3

      Delete