Friday, November 17, 2017

// I d i d n ' t //


// Pinterest //

- undated - 

I didn't spend nine months in the Secret Place
Weaving, crafting, loving, marveling
At the beauty taking shape under My fingertips --
I didn't work day and night,
Poring over your loves, your dreams, your struggles, your passions,
Pouring Myself out into this all-consuming, attention-riveting, exquisite masterpiece
Who totally captivated Me -- 
I didn't spend nine months in the Secret Place
To craft you into a carbon copy of someone else.



8 comments:

  1. I REMEMBER THIS FROM YOUR DEVOTIONS MANUSCRIPT. ♥♥♥

    Lovely as ever. (You're still hoping to publish that, right? Because this world needs your book.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'AWWWW, NATALIE! *tackles you* Thanks so much; this comment was SO sweet and encouraging and I needed it. <3333 (And I do hope to publish it eventually! I don't know when or how yet, but yes. :))

      Delete
  2. This one is so amazinggg. (And I second Natalie - how is your manuscript going?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, THANKS, GABBY! :) (Well, to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been working on it very much lately . . . but perhaps I should. :)) <3

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! Your writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHRISTINA!!! YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!! :D :D :D <3 <3 <3

      (And also, thank you so much! I appreciate that!)

      Delete